Epicenter Server runs on a client workstation, not on the Exchange Server. Epicenter Server is typically run in a VM and has a minimal impact on system resources.
The system requirements for Epicenter Server are as follows:
- Microsoft Windows Server 2008R2/2012R2, and Server 2016/2019. Windows Pro 7, 8.x, 10 are also supported. Both the 32-bit and the 64-bit versions of Windows are supported. UPDATE 5/30/2019: 64-bit Epicenter is not currently supported on Windows 10 nor Windows Server 2016/2019.
- Microsoft Outlook 2013/2016/2019/365, 32-bit and 64-bit. See Hosted Exchange for more information. The "Click to Run" version of Outlook is supported. On Windows 10 and Windows Server 2016, only 32-bit Outlook is supported.
- 20MB hard disk space.
- Epicenter requires special permissions to open user mailboxes. See Set Mailbox Permissions.
To perform automatic wireless synchronization with smartphones, your infrastructure must include:
- Exchange Server 2013/2016/2019 or Microsoft 365 (formerly Office 365).
- Wireless connectivity from the smartphone to the synchronization server.
- ActiveSync must be enabled on the Exchange Server.
Epicenter supports all devices that can sync contacts through Exchange ActiveSync, including but not limited to:
- Android version 4.2.2 or later, phones and tablets
- iPhone/iPad with iOS version 7 or later
- Windows Mobile/Windows Phone
The client is only required for users who cannot sync wirelessly. Most installations will not use the client.
The system requirements for the Epicenter client are as follows:
- Microsoft Windows 7/8/10. The “Home” versions of Windows are supported by the client.
- Internet browser with internet connectivity
- Microsoft Outlook 2013/2016/2019 32-bit. Outlook 64-bit is not supported.